Date(s) - February 23,2018 - February 25,2018
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Sheraton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar
HOTEL INFO: please call us to assist with room reservation—SOLD OUT
Sharaton Grand Los Cabos Hacienda del Mar
Deluxe Garden View not available, only Deluxe Ocean View at $305 per night plus tax
Dr. Joshua Neumiller, Pharm D, CDE, FASCP
Washington State University
Dr. Josh Neumiller is Vice-Chair and Associate Professor in the Department of Pharmacotherapy at Washington State University. Dr Neumiller is a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE) and a fellow of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists. Josh is a contributing author for the ADA books Medications for the Treatment of Diabetes, Practical Insulin, and the American Diabetes Association Guide to Nutrition Therapy for Diabetes, and is the Editor-in Chief for the ADA journal Diabetes Spectrum. Josh’s research interests involve the management of diabetes and prevention of adverse drug events during transitions in care. Josh has practiced extensively in the geriatric community. Josh was recently awarded the 2016 Albert B. Prescott Pharmacy Leadership Award.
Friday February 23, 2018
CHRONIC KIDNEY DISEASE
1. Review the pathophysiology of chronic kidney disease.
2. Discuss the importance of medication review and renal dose adjustments of medications in the setting of CKD.
3. List medications to be avoided and/or used in patients with CKD.
4. Review treatments and recommendations for the management of glycemic control, cholesterol, and blood pressure in the patient with CKD.
5. Utilize clinical case scenarios to outline important counseling points for patients with CKD.
Saturday February 24, 2018
RISK FACTORS IN THE DEVELOPMENT OF DIABETES & SAFETY CONSIDERATIONS FOR THE TREATMENT OF DIABETES
1. Outline risk factors for the development of diabetes and discuss strategies and guidelines for the management of “prediabetes”.
2. Discuss medications that can affect blood glucose levels or mask symptoms of hypoglycemia.
3. Discuss recently approved medications for the treatment of T2DM and agents in the developmental pipeline.
4. Describe and discuss recent reports and controversies regarding the safety of medications for the treatment of diabetes.
Sunday February 25, 2018
AN UPDATE IN THE TREATMENT OF MUSCULOSKELETAL DISORDERS
1. Review the signs and symptoms of gout.
2. Discuss currently available treatments for the treatment of gout.
3. Outline and discuss the common culprits of drug-induced osteoporosis.
4. Discuss recent evidence and treatment considerations involving calcium and vitamin D supplementation.
5. Review and discuss currently available treatment options for people with osteoporosis.
6. Outline and discuss recent issues and advancements regarding the management of osteoporosis.
Don't have a Paypal account?
You do not need a Paypal Account to pay with Paypal. Paypal allows you to pay online simply by entering your credit card and billing information.