Date(s) - August 11,2017 - August 13,2017
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
HOTEL INFO: please call us to assist with room reservation SOLD OUT
$340 Harbourside Rooms per night plus tax, single or double occupancy. Rate includes afternoon wine and cheese, continental breakfast delivered to room, atrium or rooftop terrace, wireless internet, and evening fresh baked cookies & milk.
Dr. Renee Jones, Pharm D.
Nova Southeastern University
Renee Greaves currently serves as the Director of Preceptor Development as Assistant Professor at Nova Southeastern University in Ft. Lauderdale, Florida. She has served as the Pharmacy Operations Supervisor and Residency Coordinator of Broward Health, where she implemented clinical pharmacy programs such as HIV and antibiotic stewardships, hepatic monitoring, cardiopulmonary discharge counseling, and internal medicine clinical rounds with graduate medical education residents. She has also served as a Clinical Assistant Professor of Rutgers University School of Pharmacy where she taught didactic courses such as Infectious Disease Therapeutics and numerous electives.
Friday August 11, 2017
NEW DRUG UPDATE
ACPE # 0043-9999-17-057-L01-P
1. Discuss the clinical indications for the new medications approved by the FDA.
2. Explain the various mechanisms of action for the medications discussed within this program.
3. Recognize the clinically relevant drug interactions for the medications.
4. Identify the most common adverse reactions for the new drug approvals.
5. Explain the approved dosing guidelines and recommended dosage adjustments for the medications reviewed.
Saturday August 12, 2017
PHARMACIST ROLE IN IMPROVING ANTIMICROBIAL PRESCRIBING IN OUTPATIENT SETTING
ACPE # 0043-9999-17-058-L01-P
- Understand the pathophysiology, diagnosis, and therapy of patients with various infectious diseases.
- Assess laboratory values, cultures, and sensitivities utilized for appropriate prescribing of antimicrobials.
- Discuss the mechanism of action of antimicrobials and how microbial resistance impacts therapeutic goals.
- Apply information learned utilizing patient cases.
- Determine how knowledge-based learning of infectious diseases can impact the retail pharmacists role in patient centered healthcare.
———————————————————————————————————————————————-Sunday August 13, 2017
INNOVATIVE METHODS OF INCREASING PHARMACY CLINICAL SERVICES & PAYMENT OPTIONS
ACPE # 0043-9999-17-059-L01-P
- Compare limited Current Procedural Technology (CPT) codes that can be used by pharmacists verses that of providers.
- Educate pharmacist with incident to billing CPT codes that can be implemented via a provider collaborative agreement and/or upon arrival of pharmacist provider status.
- Describe hoe an Accountable Care Organization (ACO) can reduce health care costs.
- Identify at least three ways in which pharmacists have affected patient outcomes and cost savings using real-world data.
- Summarize administrative, physician manager, and pharmacist perspectives on pharmacist involvement in ACOs.
- Discuss ways in which the role of the pharmacist may change within ACOs in the future.
Don't have a Paypal account?
You do not need a Paypal Account to pay with Paypal. Paypal allows you to pay online simply by entering your credit card and billing information.