Date(s) - April 27,2018 - April 29,2018
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Sheraton Key West
Dr. Kimmi Stultz, Pharm D
Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy
Kimmi Stultz is driven by her passion to bridge the gap between allopathic and functional medicine. She employs a well-balanced approach of integrative therapies that are customized for each person’s biochemistry and body to achieve optimal health. Currently, she serves as the key clinical innovator of the Integrative Nutrition program for Nova Southeastern University College of Pharmacy. In addition to her pharmacy degree, Kimmi is a clinical certified nutrionist. She has presented on topics including metabolic diseases, clinical nutrition, drug-induced diseases, and nutrient-depleting medications. She is also an active member of APhA, the American Academy of Anti-Aging Medicine, and the Institute of Functional Medicine.
Friday, April 27, 2018
1. Understand the threat of chronic disease and why medicine has to evolve to adapt.
2. Review nutritional considerations in all phases of human reproduction and evolution.
3. Understand what you should know regarding food/drug and drug/nutrient interactions.
4. Review the contribution of oxidative stress on inflammation and discuss the therapeutic applications of key botanicals and nutriceuticals in the management of healthy inflammation.
5. Genomics: The Future Gold Standard of Care? A look into pharmacogenomics and personalized drug therapy; nutrigenomics and personalized nutrition.
Saturday, April 28, 2018
Sunday, April 29, 2018
Dr. Sandra Benavides, Pharm D, FCCP, FPPAG
Larkin College of Pharmacy
Dr Benavides received her Pharm D from the University of California, San Francisco. She completed a general practice residency at the University of California, San Diego Medical Center and a Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Fellowship at Ohio State University. She is currently an Associate Deafer Accreditation and Programmatic Assessment at Larkin College of Pharmacy in Miami, Florida. She serves as the lead editor in the Pediatric Pharmacotherapy and the Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Self Assessment books. Dr Benavides has practiced in pediatrics in acute care, ambulatory, and community practice. She is dedicated to the education of pharmacists to work towards improved care for pediatric patients.