Date(s) - July 13,2018 - July 15,2018
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
HOTEL INFO: please call us to assist with room reservation
Sheraton Maui Resort & Spa
$325 oceanview room per night plus tax & fees single or double occupancy. 3 days pre and post based on availability
Dr. Stan Louie, Pharm D.
University of Southern California
Dr. Stan Louie received his Doctorate in Pharmacy from the University of California in San Francisco. He continued his postgraduate work at Pacific Presbyterian Medical Center in San Francisco where he was a pharmacy resident. In addition to clinical training, he continued his basic science training at the Kuzell Institute, where he served as Associate of Research in Molecular Biology. Following his training at Kuzell, he joined USC where he continued his work on cytokine regulation in relation to tumor and/or viral proliferation at the Kenneth Norris Cancer Research Institute. Presently, he is an Associate Professor at the University of Southern California School of Pharmacy and the Keck School of Medicine, where he is concentrating his work on virally-linked diseases, which include HIV and hepatitis B & C. In addition, he continues his efforts in drug discovery and development for the treatment of specific brain cancers and multiple myeloma.
Friday July 13, 2018
ADVANCES IN THE UNDERSTANDING OF MULTIPLE SCLEROSIS: LEADING TO MORE EFFECTIVE THERAPY
- Highlight the clinical presentation of multiple sclerosis.
- Summarize the current epidemiology of multiple sclerosis.
- Articulate to their patients the critical mechanism(s) leading to MS.
- Discuss the various pharmacologic options for the treatment of various forms of MS.
- Understand the various adverse effects associated with the treatment.
- Monitor parameters for each of the treatment options.
Saturday July 14, 2018
ADVANCES IN THE UNDERSTANDING & TREATMENT OPTIONS FOR RHEUMATOID ARTHRITIS
- Summarize the pathogenesis of rheumatoid arthritis.
- Discuss the various pathways associated with the pathogenesis.
- Discuss the various pharmacologic options for the treatment of RA and the adverse effects associated with the treatment.
- Understand the monitoring parameters for each of the treatment options.
- Understand how treatment failures occur and how to circumvent resistance to therapy.
- Manage potential drug-drug interactions.
Sunday July 15, 2018
ADVANCES IN CANCER THERAPY: IMMUNE BASED THERAPEUTICS
- Understand how cancer proliferates, progresses, and leads to metastatic diseases.
- Understand how the immune system recognizes self and non-self.
- Understand how the immune system can be programmed to target cancer.
- Understand how cellular tolerance prevents the immune system from eliminating the malignant growth.
- Describe for your patient how new anti-angiogenesis agents would prevent the progression of cancer proliferation.
- Be able to convey to your patients the types of adverse events that they may encounter upon receiving these anti-cancer agents.
Bookings are closed for this event.
Don't have a Paypal account?
You do not need a Paypal Account to pay with Paypal. Paypal allows you to pay online simply by entering your credit card and billing information.