Date(s) - June 25,2021 - June 27,2021
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
HOTEL INFO: please call us to assist with room reservation
Marriott Aruba Resort
Dr. Renee Jones, Pharm D.
Director of Pharmacy, Personal Physician Care
Renee Jones is a licensed pharmacist in the states of Florida and New Jersey. She began her career in healthcare in 2006 as the Clinical Pharmacy Coordinator of Hunterdon Medical Center and Assistant Professor at the Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy at Rutgers University in New Jersey. She then relocated to South Florida to serve as the Pharmacy Operations Supervisor, Clinical Coordinator, and Residency Program Coordinator of Broward Health Medical Center for 8 years. During this tenure, her focus was to improve patient care, contain cost, and promote safe practices as it relates to Joint Commission standards and clinical guidelines. As the Director of Pharmacy Partnerships and Innovations at Nova Southeastern University, she worked with numerous providers, accountable care organizations (ACOs), and management services organizations (MSOs) to improve quality benchmark measures and initiate strategic plans related to annual wellness visits, chronic care management, incident to billing, post-acute discharge home visits, and transitional care medicine. She now practices as the Director of Pharmacy at Personal Physician Care. Her core responsibilities within the ACOs and MSOs is to reduce hospital admissions and ER visits, target high risk / high cost patients to improve morbidity and reduce costs, and supervise chronic care management and transitional care management teams.
Friday June 25, 2021
ACPE # TBA
1. Discuss the clinical indications for the new medications approved by the FDA.
2. Explain the various mechanisms of action for the medications discussed within this program.
3. Recognize the clinically relevant drug interactions for the medications.
4. Identify the most common adverse reactions for the new drug approvals.
5. Explain the approved dosing guidelines and recommended dosage adjustments for the medications reviewed.
Saturday June 26, 2021
ACPE # TBA
Sunday June 27, 2021 TBA