Date(s) - June 25,2021 - June 27,2021
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
HOTEL INFO: please call us to assist with room reservation
Marriott Aruba Resort
Dr. Tricia Gangoo-Dookhan, BS Pharmacy, Pharm D., CPh
Nova Southeastern University School of Pharmacy
Dr. Gangoo-Dookhan is a clinical pharmacist at Nova Southeastern University (NSU) ACORN SEED Center College of Pharmacy in the department of Pharmacy Practice. Dr. Gangoo-Dookhan received her Bachelor of Science Degree from St. John’s University and Health Sciences, NY in 1994. She then went on to pursue and successfully obtain honors with highest honors her Doctorate of Pharmacy degree at Nova Southeastern University in 2000. Dr. Gangoo-Dookhan has had the opportunity to practice in many settings, community retail and institutional pharmacy as well as owning and operating her independent community pharmacy. In 2012, she was named “Pharmacist of the Year” for Bi-Lo Pharmacy. During her time there, she was able to spearhead and implement both immunization and MTM programs for Miami, Broward, and West Palm Beach Counties. During 2005 to 2011, she was instrumental in developing a county-wide program to offer HIV medications to patients who could not afford them.
Dr. Gangoo-Dookhan is a certified APhA Immunization and MTM trainer, a certified American Heart Association basic life support trainer, and a licensed consultant pharmacist in Florida. She currently oversees the day to day operations and services provided by student pharmacists to primary care physician groups and accountable care organizations, such as medication therapy management, transitions of care and pharmacy related support.
Friday June 25, 2021
ACPE # 0043-9999-21-024-L04-P
1. Discuss the key components of a collaborative practice agreement
2. Review newly implemented statutes and updates regarding collaborative practice agreements
3. Describe the role of the pharmacist in developing and implementing collaborative practice agreements
4. Discuss the key components of point-of-care testing
5. Review statutes and updates regarding point-of-care testing
6. Describe the role of the pharmacist in developing a test, treat and manage protocol
7. Discuss credentialing and certification requirements for pharmacist to enter into collaborative practice agreements and test and treat protocols
8. Discuss updates on Provider Status for pharmacists
9. Outline the process for implementing a collaborative practice agreement, test and treat and pharmacogenomic business model within a community pharmacy
Saturday June 26, 2021
ACPE # 0043-9999-20-030-L04-P
Sunday June 27, 2021
ACPE # 0043-9999-20-031-L06-P
Bookings are closed for this event.