Date(s) - April 28,2023 - April 30,2023
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Grand Hyatt Baha Mar
HOTEL INFO: please call us to assist with room reservation
Baha Mar Grand Hyatt
Dr. Stan Louie, Pharm D.
University of Southern California
Dr. Stan Louie received his Doctorate in Pharmacy from the University of California in San Francisco. He continued his postgraduate work at Pacific Presbyterian Medical Center in San Francisco where he was a pharmacy resident. In addition to clinical training, he continued his basic science training at the Kuzell Institute, where he served as Associate of Research in Molecular Biology. Following his training at Kuzell, he joined USC where he continued his work on cytokine regulation in relation to tumor and/or viral proliferation at the Kenneth Norris Cancer Research Institute. Presently, he is an Associate Professor at the University of Southern California School of Pharmacy and the Keck School of Medicine, where he is concentrating his work on virally-linked diseases, which include HIV and hepatitis B & C. In addition, he continues his efforts in drug discovery and development for the treatment of specific brain cancers and multiple myeloma.
Friday April 28, 2023
1. Review and identify various risk factors associated with obesity and being overweight.
2. Identify both clinical and laboratory values associated with obesity and metabolic syndromes.
3. Compare and contrast the various methods of weight reduction.
4. Identify methods to reduce risk of metabolic syndrome and diabetes.
5. Understand the new paradigms as how to manage metabolic syndrome and diabetes mellitus.
6. Identify and manage potential drud-drug combinations and how they may benefit the patient.
7. Understand and be able to manage the various adverse effects associated with antihyperglycemic medications.
8. Understand how antihypertensive medications can synergize with anti-diabetic agents for patients with diabetes mellitus.
Saturday April 29, 2023
1. Highlight features of the inflammation in response to an antigenic response.
2. Differentiate between acute and chronic inflammation.
3. Review the pathophysiology of rheumatoid arthritis and inflammatory bowel diseases.
4. Review the current and future pharmacologic strategy for autoimmune diseases like RA and IBD.
5. Develop pharmaceutical care strategies to reduce the risk of cancers, diabetes, and neurologic disorders.
Sunday April 30, 2023