Date(s) - June 24,2022 - June 26,2022
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
HOTEL INFO: please call us to assist with your reservation
Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort and Spa $319 per night plus tax, single or double occupancy. Extra adult in room $25 per night. Max of 4 adults in room. Children under 18 stay free in parents room. PRE & POST NIGHTS BASED ON AVAILABILITY
Dr. Susie Park, Pharm D., BCPP
Dr. Susie Park is a board-certified psychiatric pharmacist. She is the past associate dean for student affairs at the University of Southern California School of Pharmacy and served as an associate professor for 19 years. She is a member of the College of Psychiatric and Neurologic Pharmacists (CPNP), the American Pharmacists Association, and the California Pharmacists Association (CPhA). Her area of research interest includes the pharmacogenetics of depression and sleep impairment in hepatitis C virus-infected patients. Dr Park was a recipient of the new investigator research CNS Award for Sanofi-Aventis and received a research grant for her original project “Serotonin Transporter Gene Polymorphism in HCV Patients”. She has received the Teacher of the Year Award at the USC School of Pharmacy nine years from the USC Pharmacy student body and the Teacher of the Year Award twice from the Department of Psychiatry Keck School of Medicine graduating class. Dr Park continues to serve as a mentor to students and residents serving as a Korean American Pharmacy Student Association alumni co-advisor and through her involvement in the Orange County chapter of CPhA and the USC Alumni Engagement Board.
Friday June 24, 2022
INSOMNIA DISORDERS – IS IT TIME FOR SLEEP
ACPE # TBA
1. Categorize and characterize sleep-wake disorders.
2. Identify common co-morbidities and etiologies of insomnia.
3. Describe sleep parameter goals when managing insomnia.
4. Recommend pharmacologic and non-pharmacologic management of insomnia.
5. Differentiate between zolpidem-containing products by their brand names and dosage forms.
6. Counsel a patient starting or changing a medication to manage insomnia.
Saturday June 25, 2022
BIPOLAR DISORDERS: TREATING THE UPS AND DOWNS
ACPE # 0043-9999-20-044-L01-P
- Identify key clinical features of bipolar disorder mania and depression and list the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria for each.
- Apply information derived from treatment guidelines for managing bipolar disorders to direct patient
- Evaluate pharmacotherapy in managing bipolar disorders.
- Create a treatment plan for managing bipolar depression.
- Outline an appropriate patient-specific treatment plan, including appropriate patient counseling and monitoring parameters
Sunday June 26, 2022
ACPE # TBA
- Recognize key clinical features of schizophrenia and evaluate the DSM-5 diagnostic criteria.
- Compare and contrast first- and second-generation antipsychotics used for managing schizophrenia.
- Recommend appropriate long-acting injectable antipsychotic agents based on patient-specific parameters.
- Discuss the role of adjunctive psychotropics for managing patients with schizophrenia.
- Counsel patients on managing adverse effects associated with antipsychotics.
- Outline an appropriate patient-specific treatment plan for individuals with schizophrenia, including appropriate counseling and monitoring parameters.
Don't have a Paypal account?
You do not need a Paypal Account to pay with Paypal. Paypal allows you to pay online simply by entering your credit card and billing information.