Date(s) - July 15,2022 - July 17,2022
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
French Quarter Inn
HOTEL INFO: please call us to assist with room reservation
French Quarter Inn—voted the # 1 Hotel in the US by TripAdvisor 2019 and 2020
$289 Thursday night $389 Friday & Saturday night plus tax, single or double occupancy. Extra person in room $25 per day. Rate includes champagne upon check in, afternoon wine and cheese, continental breakfast, wireless internet, and evening fresh baked cookies & milk.
Dr. Megan Willson, Pharm D.
Washington State University
Megan Willson is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Pharmacotherapy Department of Washington State University College of Pharmacy. Megan enjoys lecturing on cardiovascular topics as well as patient simulation scenarios in patient care laboratories. She also serves as preceptor to acute care fourth year pharmacy students in the area of internal medicine.
Friday July 15, 2022
ACPE # 0043-9999-22-020-L01-P
1. Explain pathophysiology of common skin conditions including immunologic and drug induced conditions.
2. Perform patient assessments including focused history and physical examination to differentiate between and assess severity of drug reactions, acne, psoriasis, atopic dermatitis, and cellulitis.
3. Recommend and compare therapy recommendations for each of the above dermatological conditions.
4. Discuss adverse effects, safety, and use of biologic agents for the treatment of psoriasis
Saturday Juy 16, 2022
HYPERTENSION & DYSLIPIDEMIA
ACPE # 0043-9999-21-007-L01-P
1. Discuss hypertension based on equations and apply how medications reduce blood pressure.
2. List primary and secondary forms of hypertension.
3. Determine blood pressure goals and appropriate drug therapy recommendations consistent with Hypertension guidelines in patients.
4. Define MOA of each drug class and explain how it relates to HR, SV, CO and SVR.
5. Recommend appropriate lifestyle modifications and medication regimens based on individual’s history, concomitant disease, physical exam, and current medications.
6. Discuss adverse effects and counseling points for each medication class.
7. Review the medications for the treatment of dyslipidemia including class, mechanisms of action, contraindications, benefits, clinical pearls, and adverse effect profiles.
8. Identify risk factors for dyslipidemia including lifestyle and drug-induced.
9. Assess and identify treatment strategies for myalgias associated with statin therapy.
10. Differentiate between statin intensity.
11. Based on ASCVD score, recommend appropriate statin intensity therapy.
12. Develop a therapeutic plan for the treatment of dyslipidemia including statins, PCKS-9 inhibitors, and ezetimibe.
Sunday July 17, 2022
ACPE # 0043-9999-22-021-L01-P
1. List types of heart failure and discuss the pathophysiology of heart failure.
2. Describe the pharmacotherapy for management of stable heart failure based on heart failure staging.
3. Review treatment for acute decompensated heart failure.
4. Describe evidence-based recommendations for incorporation of SGLT2 and other medications into heart failure management.
5. Recognize medications that may be harmful when used in heart failure.
Don't have a Paypal account? You don't need one!
Paypal allows you to pay online simply by entering your credit card and billing information.