Date(s) - April 10,2021 - April 11,2021
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
HOTEL INFO: please call us to assist with room reservation
Saturday April 10, 2021
Dr. Bryan Love, Pharm D, BCPS-AQ ID
University of South Carolina
Dr. Bryan Love is an Associate Professor in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Outcomes Sciences (CPOS) at the University of South Carolina. He is a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist with Added Qualificationsin Infectious Diseases and has over 20 years of clinical pharmacy experience. Dr. Love has published over 35 peer-reviewed papers and is a frequent speaker on pharmacotherapy issues for a variety of gastrointestinal and hepatic disorders. Dr. Love’s research interests involve the pharmacotherapy and pharmacoepidemiology of cirrhosis, viral hepatitis, and other diseases. He was recently recognized by his colleagues with the CPOS Excellence in Scholarship Award.
1. Outline common lab values and diagnostic tests to assess liver disease.
2. Describe the types of drug-induced liver injury and review emerging causes.
3. Discuss common risk factors in the development of cirrhosis.
4. Identify the most common complications of cirrhosis and review the medications commonly used to treat them.
5. Discuss treatment options and clinical considerations for chronic hepatitis B and C.
Bookings are closed for this event.