Date(s) - October 19,2018 - October 21,2018
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
HOTEL INFO: Please reserve your room at www.secretsresorts.com. Please call Getaway Seminars to register for the CE lectures 888-573-6462.
Secrets Wild Orchid Montego Bay All-Inclusive and Secrets St. James
All-Inclusive includes junior suite, all meals and snacks, all drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic), all activities except spa treatments, and all taxes and gratuities. Pre and post nights based on availability.
Dr. Bradley Williams, Pharm D.
University of Southern California
Dr. Bradley Williams is a Professor of Clinical Pharmacy and Clinical Gerontology the University of Southern California. He is a board certified geriatric pharmacist. His responsibilities include monitoring drug therapy and medication therapy management in older adults. In addition to teaching students, he also works with family medicine residents and medical students. He was the 2003 recipient of the George F. Archambault Award for sustained contributions to senior care pharmacy presented by the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists. He is a founding member of the Commission for Certification in Geriatric Pharmacy and serves on the Board of Directors for the ASCP. He is a member of the Medical and Scientific Advisory Council for the Alzheimer’s Association California Southland chapter. Dr. Williams is an editor and chapter author for Applied Therapeutics: The Clinical Use of Drugs.
Friday October 19, 2018
MANAGEMENT OF CARDIOVASCULAR DISEASE IN OLDER ADULTS
- Identify the physiology factors that increase the risk for cardiovascular disorders in older patients.
- Interpret current guidelines for treatment of hypertension in elderly patients.
- Describe the role of anti-hyperlipidemia in the management of lipid disorders in older adults.
- Discuss the risks and benefits of agents used to treat atrial fibrillation in older patients.
- Develop a pharmacotherapeutic care plan to manage multiple cardiovascular disorders in an elderly patient.—————-————————————————————————————————————————————————Saturday October 20, 2018
NEURODEGENERATIVE DISORDERS IN THE ELDERLY
- Describe the clinical features and pathophysiology of Parkinson disease, essential tremor, and dementia disorders.
- Compare and contrast drug therapies used in the treatment of Parkinson disease and essential tremor.
- Identify targets for medications in development for management of Alzheimer disease and other dementias.
- Discuss the risks and benefits of agents used to treat and prevent strokes in the elderly.
- Develop a therapeutic strategy for the treatment of peripheral neuropathy in older adults.
Sunday October 21, 2018
CURRENT ISSUES IN GERIATRIC ENDOCRINE AND HORMONAL DISORDERS
- Describe how the presentation of diabetes and hypothyroidism differ in older patients in comparison to young adults.
- Explain the clinical rationale for adjusting diabetes treatment guidelines for older adults, based on age and medical complexity.
- Design an appropriate treatment and monitoring regimen based on geriatric-focused guidelines for an older adult with hypothyroidism.
- Discuss the risks and benefits of agents promoted to delay the aging process.
- Describe the appropriate use of later-life hormone therapies for women and men.
Don't have a Paypal account?
You do not need a Paypal Account to pay with Paypal. Paypal allows you to pay online simply by entering your credit card and billing information.