Date(s) - September 11,2020 - September 13,2020
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Bally's Las Vegas
HOTEL INFO: please call us to assist with room reservation
Bally’s Las Vegas
group rate $99 Thursday night, $119 Friday night, $205 Saturday night single or double occupancy
Friday September 11, 2020
Dr. Joshua Neumiller, Pharm D., CDE, CGP, FASCP
Washington State University
Joshua Neumiller received his doctor of pharmacy degree from Washington State University in 2005, where he is currently an assistant professor in the Department of Pharmacotherapy and a member of WSU Geriatrics Team and the WSU Clinical Trials Research Team. Dr. Neumiller is a Certified Diabetes Educator (CDE), a Certified Geriatric Pharmacist (CGP), and is a Fellow of the American Society of Consultant Pharmacists. Dr. Neumiller has published on a variety of practice and research-based topics, and is a contributing author for the ADA journal Diabetes Spectrum, and is the lead pharmacist CE reviewer for the American Association of Diabetes Educators. Clinically, Dr. Neumiller is a consultant pharmacist at Elder Services, a division of Spokane Mental Health, where he provides in-home consulting services. He also serves as an investigator on multiple investigator-initiated and large multi-site clinical trials involving the study of diabetes and its complications.
UPDATE ON DIABETES MELLITUS: FROM NEW INSIGHTS INTO THE PATHOPHYSIOLOGY OF DIABETES TO ADVANCES IN TECHNOLOGY
ACPE # TBA
1. Review the pathophysiology of diabetes and discuss the mechanisms of action of currently available therapies.
2. Discuss currently available non-insulin therapies for the treatment of diabetes in terms of efficacy, safety, and patient-specific considerations.
3. Review currently available insulin products and delivery devices, and discuss insulin products currently in the developmental pipeline.
4. Utilize clinical scenarios to outline common blood glucose profiles in patients with diabetes and suggest appropriate initial insulin regimens and insulin dosing adjustments to attain A1C goals.
5. Discuss clinical case scenarios to outline important counseling points for patients with diabetes.
6. Discuss care considerations for the elderly patient with type 2 diabetes mellitus.
Saturday September 12, 2020
Dr. Daniel Hu, Pharm D., BCCCP
Washington State University adjunct professor
Daniel Hu has a Bachelor of Arts in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Doctor of Pharmacy. Following his Doctor of Pharmacy degree, he completed a fellowship with the US FDA Ofiice of Minority Health / University of Hawaii at Hilo Daniel K Inouye College of Pharmacy and an acute care PGY-1 residency at Providence St Peter Hospital. Dan specializes in critical care and emergency medicine with practice in trauma centers levels IV-II. He has multiple poster presentations, conference lectures, and academic peer-reviewed papers published in scholarly journals. He holds an adjunct position at Washington State University with previous experience with the University of Hawaii at Hilo Daniel K Inouye College of Pharmacy and PhD programs, and Pacific University College of Pharmacy.
FAKE IT TIL YOU MAKE IT: HOW THE PLACEBO EFFECT IMPACTS CLINICAL PRACTICE and THE MANAGEMENT OF TOXICOLOGIC EMERGENCIES
ACPE # TBA
1. Compare and contrast the placebo and nocebo effects.
2. Discuss explanatory mechanisms.
3. Discuss pitfalls in clinical trial design of placebos.
4. Describe the pharmacist’s role in regards to the placebo effect.
5. Describe basic clinical pharmacokinetic principles in regards to toxicology.
6. Recognize toxidrome of commonly seen pharmacologic overdoses.
7. Interview patients who present with toxicologic emergencies.
8. Describe reversal agents.
9. Utilize appropriate resources to manage toxicological emergencies.
Sunday September 13, 2020
THE ESSENTIALS OF ESSENTIAL OILS and MARIJUANA & MEDICINE: A HIGHER LEVEL OF UNDERSTANDING
ACPE # TBA
1. Define “essential oil”.
2. Describe extraction methods of essential oils.
3. Describe applications for essential oils.
4. Describe current and potential uses of essential oils in aromatherapies.
5. Describe the pharmacokinetics of marijuana.
6. Describe the therapeutic uses of marijuana.
7. Describe adverse effects and safety issues of marijuana.
8. Describe safety and efficacy of marijuana use in pregnancy and lactation.
9. Manage patients with cannabinoid hyperemesis syndrome.
Don't have a Paypal account?
You do not need a Paypal Account to pay with Paypal. Paypal allows you to pay online simply by entering your credit card and billing information.