Date(s) - March 24,2023 - March 26,2023
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Loews New Orleans
HOTEL INFO: please call us to assist with room reservation
Loews New Orleans
group rate $239 per night single or double occupancy. Extra adult in room $30 per night
Dr. Reginal D. Harris, JD, PharmD, RPh, CPh, cMTM
InfoSource Communications, LLC
Dr. Reginal Harris founded InfoSource Communications in 1999 to offer pharmacy consulting, staffing, and Joint Commission readiness for institutional, governmental, and managed care pharmacies. His exemplary practice as a Registered Pharmacist in Texas, Illinois, and Florida spanned over 22 years. In November 2019, the company recognized and now provides legal consultation, representation, and services to individuals, non-profit, for-profit, and governmental clients tailored to meet their administrative, legal, corporate, and leadership needs. Dr Harris is a Texas licensed attorney admitted to practice before all Texas courts, the Department of Veterans Affairs, Board of Veterans Appeals, U.S. Court of Appeals for Veterans Claims, U.S. District Court for the Southern District of Texas and the Western District of Texas. For more than 30 years, he has educated and mentored thousands of students while serving as clinical or adjunct faculty for Florida A&M University, Northwest Vista College, Nova Southeastern University, San Antonio College, Texas A&M University (Kingsville), Texas Southern University, University of Colorado (Aurora), University of Florida, and the University of the Incarnate World. He has authored five books, eight e-books, seven CD-ROM training programs, six legal articles, and an Amicus brief that was accepted by the U.S. Supreme Court (2017).
Friday, March 24, 2023
(MTM) PHARMACISTS PROVIDING A VARIETY OF MTM SERVICES FOR COMPENSATION
- Discuss legislative intent of providing Medication Therapy Management Services (MTMS) to targeted beneficiaries using Prescription Drug Plans.
- Apply the five MTM Core Elements to conduct medication therapy review, identify medication related problems, create a medication action plan, and provide patient medication list.
- Describe and demonstrate documentation, interventions, referrals, follow-ups using the CMS and SOAP formats.
- Discuss the benefits of using SWOT analysis to determine a pharmacy’s strengthsand weaknesses on integrating and offering MTM services in various pharmacy settings.
- Evaluate evidence-based strategies for pharmacists being compensated for providing MTM and other patient care services.
- Discuss elements of an effective marketing plan that attracts patients, providers, employers, and payers to your pharmacy for MTM and other patient care service———————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————–
Saturday March 25, 2023
PHARMACISTS ACCOUNTABILITY: PREVENTING REGULATORY VIOLATIONS WHEN RECEIVING, EVALUATING, DISPENSING, AND COUNSELING ON CONTROLLED SUBSTANCE PRESCRIPTIONS
- Define common terms relating to pathology of opioid misuse and addiction and what steps pharmacists can take when dispensing and counseling at-risk patients taking a controlled substance.
- Describe how a state’s Prescription Drug Monitoring Program assists pharmacists when determining the validity, use, misuse, and abuse of controlled substances.
- Describe how recent changes in the Controlled Substances Act help pharmacists identify “red flags” when receiving and evaluating controlled substance prescriptions.
- Define the concept of Risk Evaluation & Mitigation Strategy (REMS) as an evidence-based approach of assessing patients with chronic pain who are initiated on opioid or other pain medications and how to calculate the morphine milligram equivalents.
- Utilize standardized scales and tools to document pain characteristics and to guide medication management decisions by comparing/contrasting “strengths v. weaknesses” and “specificity v. sensitivity” of the scales and tools.
- Utilize the FDA education blueprint as a tool to identify patients showing signs of addiction, abuse, misuse, or overuse of pain medications.
- Apply the REMS and/or FDA approach to develop a comprehensive, customized treatment plan for a patient initiated on an opioid analgesic or other pain medications.
- Document treatment recommendations using the S.O.A.P. format to reinforce patient-clinician responsibilities.——————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————————-
Sunday March 26, 2023
Don't have a Paypal account? You don't need one!
Paypal allows you to pay online simply by entering your credit card and billing information.