Date(s) - October 18,2019 - October 20,2019
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
HOTEL INFO: please call us to assist with room reservation
Westin Savannah Harbor Golf resort and Spa
Friday, October 18, 2019
Dr. Bryan Love, Pharm D, BCPS-AQ ID
University of South Carolina
Dr. Bryan Love is an Associate Professor in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy and Outcomes Sciences (CPOS) at the University of South Carolina. He is a Board Certified Pharmacotherapy Specialist with Added Qualificationsin Infectious Diseases and has over 20 years of clinical pharmacy experience. Dr. Love has published over 35 peer-reviewed papers and is a frequent speaker on pharmacotherapy issues for a variety of gastrointestinal and hepatic disorders. Dr. Love’s research interests involve the pharmacotherapy and pharmacoepidemiology of cirrhosis, viral hepatitis, and other diseases. He was recently recognized by his colleagues with the CPOS Excellence in Scholarship Award.
1. Outline common lab values and diagnostic tests to assess liver disease.
2. Describe the types of drug-induced liver injury and review emerging causes.
3. Discuss common risk factors in the development of cirrhosis.
4. Identify the most common complications of cirrhosis and review the medications commonly used to treat them.
5. Discuss treatment options and clinical considerations for chronic hepatitis B and C.
Dr. Megan Willson, Pharm D.
Washington State University
Megan Willson is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Pharmacotherapy Department of Washington State University College of Pharmacy. Megan enjoys lecturing on cardiovascular topics as well as patient simulation scenarios in patient care laboratories. She also serves as preceptor to acute care fourth year pharmacy students in the area of internal medicine.
Saturday October 19, 2019
Sunday October 20, 2019
Bookings are closed for this event.