group rate $266 per night, single or double occupancy Thursday to Sunday. Up to 3 days pre and post based on availability.
Dr. Megan Willson, Pharm D.
Washington State University
Megan Willson is a Clinical Assistant Professor in the Pharmacotherapy Department of Washington State University College of Pharmacy. Megan enjoys lecturing on cardiovascular topics as well as patient simulation scenarios in patient care laboratories. She also serves as preceptor to acute care fourth year pharmacy students in the area of internal medicine.
Friday March 5, 2021
ATRIAL FIBRILLATION and AN UPDATE IN ANTICOAGULATION THERAPY
ACPE # 0043-9999-18-022-L01-P
1. Review the pathophysiology of coagulation.
2. Review the medications commonly used forthe treatment of atrialfibrillation.
3. Determine appropriate anticoagulation for a patient with atrial fibrillation.
4. Determine appropriate rate or rhythm control based on patient characteristics.
5. Review warfarin dosing, monitoring and place in therapy for the treatment of A-Fib.
6. Compare and contrast the new oral anticoagulants dabigatran, apixaban, rivaroxaban and edoxaban including clinical trial data, safety, uses in practice, reversal, and general drug information.
Saturday March 6, 2021
HYPERTENSION & DYSLIPIDEMIA
ACPE # TBA
1. Discuss hypertension based on equations and apply how medications reduce blood pressure.
2. List primary and secondary forms of hypertension.
3. Determine blood pressure goals and appropriate drug therapy recommendations consistent with Hypertension guidelines in patients.
4. Define MOA of each drug class and explain how it relates to HR, SV, CO and SVR.
5. Recommend appropriate lifestyle modifications and medication regimens based on individual’s history, concomitant disease, physical exam, and current medications.
6. Discuss adverse effects and counseling points for each medication class.
7. Review the medications for the treatment of dyslipidemia including class, mechanisms of action, contraindications, benefits, clinical pearls, and adverse effect profiles.
8. Identify risk factors for dyslipidemia including lifestyle and drug-induced.
9. Assess and identify treatment strategies for myalgias associated with statin therapy.
10. Differentiate between statin intensity.
11. Based on ASCVD score, recommend appropriate statin intensity therapy.
12. Develop a therapeutic plan for the treatment of dyslipidemia including statins, PCKS-9 inhibitors, and ezetimibe.
Don't have a Paypal account?
You do not need a Paypal Account to pay with Paypal. Paypal allows you to pay online simply by entering your credit card and billing information.