Date(s) - November 12,2021 - November 14,2021
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
HOTEL INFO: Please call us to assist with your room reservation
Secrets St. Martin (adult only resort)
ALL-INCLUSIVE= accommodations, all meals and snacks, all drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic), all entertainment, all tips & gratuities. Junior Suite oceanview $213.00 per person per night based on double occupancy. Junior Suite gardenview $194 per person per night based on double occupancy. Single and triple occupancy rooms available as well.
Mandatory to stay at this resort if attending seminars
Dr. Stan Louie, Pharm D.
University of Southern California
Dr. Stan Louie received his Doctorate in Pharmacy from the University of California in San Francisco. He continued his postgraduate work at Pacific Presbyterian Medical Center in San Francisco where he was a pharmacy resident. In addition to clinical training, he continued his basic science training at the Kuzell Institute, where he served as Associate of Research in Molecular Biology. Following his training at Kuzell, he joined USC where he continued his work on cytokine regulation in relation to tumor and/or viral proliferation at the Kenneth Norris Cancer Research Institute. Presently, he is an Associate Professor at the University of Southern California School of Pharmacy and the Keck School of Medicine, where he is concentrating his work on virally-linked diseases, which include HIV and hepatitis B & C. In addition, he continues his efforts in drug discovery and development for the treatment of specific brain cancers and multiple myeloma.
Friday November 12, 2021
ADVANCES IN ANTIVIRAL THERAPY IN A PANDEMIC AGE
- Review how viruses infect their host
- Review how viruses proliferate within an infected cell.
- Explain the mechanism of action(s) of various antiviral agents.
- Understand how antiviral agents should be combined to produce the most effective therapy.
- Overview the treatment of Covid-19 infection.
Saturday November 13, 2021
UPDATES ON THE TREATMENT OF AUTOIMMUNE DISEASE
- Describe contributive factors to autoimmune diseases.
- Distinguish between organ specific and systemic autoimmune diseases with examples of each.
- Explain immunologic mechanism known to cause destruction of cells found in the CNS.
- Describe the effects of multiple sclerosis on the targeted organs.
- Relate genetic susceptibility to the development of MS.
Sunday November 14, 2021
CORONAVIRUS: WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT THIS VIRUS
ACPE # TBA
- Explain the background to the origin and the evolution of coronaviruses
- Compare the difference between the various types of coronaviruses
- Explain how the coronavirus and specifically the SARS-CoV2 is transmitted
- Understand how the virus infects the ACE2positive cells
- Describe the variants associated with SARS-CoV2
- Expain the treatment strategies to battle SARS-CoV2 a) comparisons of vaccine strategies (e.g. RNA vs.DNA-based vaccines) b) characterize immunopathology of COVID-19 c) immunomodultory treatment d) ARDS associated with SARS-CoV2 e) treatment for ARDS
- Review biomarkers suggestive of immune dysregulation
- Summarize current evidence on use of corticosteroids
- Identify new inflammatory biomarkers with potential clinical utility
Don't have a Paypal account?
You do not need a Paypal Account to pay with Paypal. Paypal allows you to pay online simply by entering your credit card and billing information.