Date(s) - October 3,2021
9:00 am - 2:00 pm
Dr. Reginal Harris, Pharm D, JD
Reginal Harris is the founder and president of Infosource Communications, a pharmacy consulting and professional speaking company, which offers continuous quality improvement programs, resource management consulting, mock Joint Commission accreditation surveys, and leadership mentoring and other clinical services. He has served on the college of pharmacy faculty for Texas A&M University Health Sciences Center and the University of Colorado Health Sciences Center. He is the author of Patient’s FIRST: A Case Study on How the Collaborative Approach to Patient Care Has Improved Overall Safety and Treatment Outcomes.
1. Outline the five MTM Core Elements and Centers for Medicare and Medicaid Services (CMS) Standardized Format necessary to provide Comprehensive and Targeted Medication Reviews.
2. Create a Pharmacy Technician step-by-step process that schedules MTM services, completes outreach to patients or prescribers, and documents interventions on behalf of pharmacists; thereby reserving pharmacists’ time for counseling and clinical work.
3. Discuss the importance of documentation, interventions, referral, and follow-up as they relate to identifying medication related problems, creating a medication action plan, and issuing patient medication list.
4. Incorporate CMS changes that enhance providing MTM services specifically (a) 2019 Donut Hole (coverage gap), (b) Medicare Advantage Open Enrollment Period (MA-OEP), and (c) 2020 Medicare Part D coverage changes.
5. Obtain reimbursement and maximize revenue from CMS by completing comprehensive medication reviews and targeted interventions.
6. Reinforce understanding of key MTM concepts and using CMS standardized format by completing a patient case study activity.