HOTEL INFO: Please call us to assist with your room reservation
Dreams Curacao all-inclusive
Mandatory to stay at this resort if attending seminars
Dr. Tricia Gangoo-Dookhan, BS Pharmacy, Pharm D., CPh
Nova Southeastern University School of Pharmacy
Dr. Gangoo-Dookhan is a clinical pharmacist at Nova Southeastern University (NSU) ACORN SEED Center College of Pharmacy in the department of Pharmacy Practice. Dr. Gangoo-Dookhan received her Bachelor of Science Degree from St. John’s University and Health Sciences, NY in 1994. She then went on to pursue and successfully obtain honors with highest honors her Doctorate of Pharmacy degree at Nova Southeastern University in 2000. Dr. Gangoo-Dookhan has had the opportunity to practice in many settings, community retail and institutional pharmacy as well as owning and operating her independent community pharmacy. In 2012, she was named “Pharmacist of the Year” for Bi-Lo Pharmacy. During her time there, she was able to spearhead and implement both immunization and MTM programs for Miami, Broward, and West Palm Beach Counties. During 2005 to 2011, she was instrumental in developing a county-wide program to offer HIV medications to patients who could not afford them.
Dr. Gangoo-Dookhan is a certified APhA Immunization and MTM trainer, a certified American Heart Association basic life support trainer, and a licensed consultant pharmacist in Florida. She currently oversees the day to day operations and services provided by student pharmacists to primary care physician groups and accountable care organizations, such as medication therapy management, transitions of care and pharmacy related support.
Friday November 10, 2023
THE NEXTGEN PHARMACIST THE TRANSITION TO VALUE BASE CARE
ACPE # TBA
- Assess how population health and quality benchmark measures financially impact a medical organization.
- Educate pharmacists on Current Procedural Technology (CPT) codes that can be used without provider status.
- Describe how Accountable Care Organizations (ACOs) and Management Services Organizations (MSOs) can reduce health care costs and improve the quality of care.
- Discuss how pharmacists utilize population health data and quality measures to improve patient health outcomes and reduce health care spending.
- Discuss Medicare endorsed clinical programs that pharmacists can offer primary care provider using a financial pro format.
- Describe the key components of care transformation.
- Discuss best practices and tools used to optimize care transitions.
- Describe the importance of capitalizing on the use of information technology to drive value versus volume.—————————————————————————————————————————————————-Saturday November 11, 2023
PHARMACY AN EVOLVING PROFESSION : TRENDS TAKING ROOT IN PHARMACY PRACTICE
ACPE # 0043-9999-21-024-L04-P
1. Discuss the key components of a collaborative practice agreement
2. Review newly implemented statutes and updates regarding collaborative practice agreements
3. Describe the role of the pharmacist in developing and implementing collaborative practice agreements
4. Discuss the key components of point-of-care testing
5. Review statutes and updates regarding point-of-care testing
6. Describe the role of the pharmacist in developing a test, treat and manage protocol
7. Discuss credentialing and certification requirements for pharmacist to enter into collaborative practice agreements and test and treat protocols
8. Discuss updates on Provider Status for pharmacists
9. Outline the process for implementing a collaborative practice agreement, test and treat and pharmacogenomic business model within a community pharmacy
Sunday November 12, 2023
AN UPDATE ON IMMUNIZATIONS
ACPE # TBA
- Review vaccine immunology.
- Provide an outline of various disease states and their conditions.
- Interpret statistics on these diseases in the United States.
- Describe vaccinations including side effects and contraindications.
- Identify target population for each vaccine.
- Recommend appropriate vaccination schedule for all populations.
- Review updates on the immunization schedule for 2019 and new vaccines.
- Debunk common myths about immunizations and tips to communicate effectively with patients regarding these misconceptions.
- Review the management of adverse events post vaccination.
- Explain vaccine storage and stability.