Hilton Head, South Carolina
10/18/2024 - 10/20/2024
8:00 am - 1:00 pm
Where: Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
Topics include: Current Issues in Pediatrics, Infectious Diseases, Alzheimer's Disease
HOTEL INFO: Please call us to assist with room reservation
Westin Hilton Head Island Resort and Spa
Group rate $224 per night single or double occupancy.
Dr. Sandra Benavides, Pharm D, FCCP, FPPAG
Philadelphia College of Osteopathic Medicine, School of Pharmacy
Dr Benavides received her Pharm D from the University of California, San Francisco. She completed a general practice residency at the University of California, San Diego Medical Center and a Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Fellowship at Ohio State University. She is currently an Assistant Dean for Assessment and Quality Programs at PCOM School of Pharmacy in Suwanee, Georgia. She serves as the lead editor in the Pediatric Pharmacotherapy and the Pediatric Pharmacotherapy Self Assessment books. Dr Benavides has practiced in pediatrics in acute care, ambulatory, and community practice. She is dedicated to the education of pharmacists to work towards improved care for pediatric patients.
Friday October 18, 2024
CURRENT ISSUES IN PEDIATRICS
1. Compare and contrast the risks and benefits of various cough, cold, and allergy products for use in the pediatric patient.
2. Distinguish appropriate use of various OTC products for treatment of pediatric specific ailments.
3. Review pharmacologic treatment strategies of common pediatric behavioral disorders.
4. Describe proposed theories of various dietary strategies employed for the management of pediatric behavioral disorders.
5. Recognize current prescription and recreational drugs of abuse in pediatrics.
6. Discuss the management of toxicity related to prescription and recreational drugs of abuse in adolescents.
Saturday October 19, 2024
UPDATES IN PEDIATRIC INFECTIOUS DISEASES
- Describe the epidemiology of infectious diseases commonly impacting the pediatric population.
- Recognize the presenting signs and symptoms and indications of progressing infection of infectious diseases in pediatric patients.
- Develop a treatment plan for infectious diseases commonly impacting the pediatric population.
- Create prevention strategies for infectious diseases in pediatric patients.
- Identify complications and morbidity of infectious diseases in pediatric patients.
Sunday October 20, 2024