Speaker: Dr. Jennifer White, PharmD, William Carey University
Dr. Jennifer White received her PharmD from Creighton University. She completed a PGY1 residency at ProvidenceSt. Peter in Olympia, WA and then worked in acute care before re-locating to Biloxi, MS. She currently works as an Assistant Professor of Clinical Pharmacy at William Carey University. Jennifer splits her time between teaching and as a ambulatory care pharmacist at Keesler Air Force Base Medical Center. At her clinical site, her specialties include diabetes, hypertension, dyslipidemia, and hypothyroidism. Her teaching responsibilities include patient care management, self-care therapeutics, and oncology. Jennifer is an active member of APHA and faculty advisor for the students, as well as a member of AACP.
HEALTHY HEARTS: CARDIAC CARE PEARLS FOR THE PHARMACIST
ACPE # TBA
- Describe the pathophysiology of HTN, CHF, and DLD.
- Recall BP and DLD goals based on guideline recommendations.
- Discuss optimizing guideline-directed medication therapy for CHF based on guideline recommendations.
- Review classes of medications in each disease state and the common clinical pearls.
- Review common indications for anticoagulant therapy including Afib and VTE.
- Compare and contrast the clinical utilization of the available reversal agents for anticoagulants.
- Discuss appropriate lifestyle modifications.